Created by a generous donation of the Professor Ram Kumar Memorial Foundation, the `Best of AIML Systems’ Awards will be given annually at the International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Systems.
Four awards will be given in 2021 in the categories of:
- Best Paper Awards (2)
- One of the awards will go to an outstanding paper advancing basic theory and algorithms, and one will go to an outstanding example of application oriented research
- Best Demonstration
- Best Doctoral work reported in the PhD symposium
Each award will be accompanied with a free author registration. The Best Papers will each receive a cash prize of USD $1000. The Best Demo and Best Doctoral Work will each receive a cash prize of USD $500.
Awards are selected by a committee of leaders in the field. The program chairs recommend up to three candidates for each category to the award committee. Current committee members are ineligible to receive the award.
For the year 2021, the award committee consists of the following eminent academicians (Tentative):
- Prof. Anastasia Ailamaki, EPFL, Switzerland
- Prof. Christos Faloutsos, CMU, USA
- Prof. Masaru Kitsuregawa, Tokyo University, Japan
- Prof. Tova Milo, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Prof. Sunita Sarawagi, IIT Bombay, India